Are you eligible?
Before you waste time sending us an ineligible application, please check against the following criteria:
- Would a grant benefit someone who is resident in Shropshire or Telford & Wrekin?
- Do they have a recognised learning disability? Can you explain how this impacts on their daily life?
- Will a grant of £350 (max) make a significant difference to the person
- Is the request for something which will enable the person to “fulfil a dream, meet an aspiration or improve the quality of their life”?
If your request meets the criteria above and you would like to make an application for a person please download an application here: 817 – application form for individuals:
- Is the organisation based in Shropshire or Telford & Wrekin?
- Do all (or most) of your group members have a recognised learning disability?
- Would a grant primarily benefit people who are resident in Shropshire or Telford & Wrekin?
- Will a grant of around £1200 make a significant difference to the project going ahead
- Is the request for something which will enable people in the group to “fulfil a dream, meet an aspiration or enjoy an improved quality of life”?
- Is the request for something over and above that which is the responsibility of the Local Authority to provide?
If your request meets the criteria above and would would like to make an application for a group please download an application form here: 817 – application form for groups
When to apply
Applications can be sent in at any time. Please don’t leave it too close to the date of a trip, event or a holiday – it can take as long as three months before the outcome of your application will be known, and the Trust will not pay for expenditure that has already been incurred.
The Trustees meet four times a year, usually in March, June, September and December. Applications will need to arrive no later than 7 days before the date of the meeting so that they can be checked and circulated to Trustees in good time.
Meeting dates 2019:
- 18 September (deadline for applications 9 September)
- 4 December (deadline for applications 25 November)